It is very important to us that we keep your personal data safe and secure.
In order to do this we:
- Process your personal information in line with the Information Commissioner's Office recommendations
- Ensure that personal information we collect is relevant and not excessive to our needs
- Only keep your personal information for as long as necessary
- Only use your personal information for the reasons for which it was collected
- Ask for your consent to agree to being part of our marketing mailing lists
- Take all appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data.
The Purpose of this Policy
This Policy describes how we collect, use, retain and safeguard personal data. It also sets out your individual rights to know what data is held about you, how this data is processed and how you can place restriction on the use of your data.
Essential Time Out offers Kinesiology Sessions in a clinic, training in various locations, mentoring services and on-line shopping
If you contact us to make an enquiry about Essential Time Out consultations, events, mentoring, workshops or products your personal information will be used to respond to that enquiry.
How we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us by post, telephone, text, email or via our website ‘contact us’ section
- If you send us messages or ask for information through social media
- If you purchase products or services from our website.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list via our website. You can unsubscribe at any time
- As you interact with us in other ways – as a student, client, mentee, customer or in any other capacity.
How we use personal data
We collect information from enquirers, students, clients, TFH Instructors, mentees, volunteers, wholesalers and customers to:
- Respond to enquiries
- Provide products & respond to product requests
- Provide professional client consultations in line with our insurance policies
- Manage events and courses
- Administer certification processes and assessments
- Raise funds for the Touch for Health Charity
- Provide services to Mentees to facilitate the development of their business
- Inform our clients and students about classes, news, events and new products
The information may include the following:
- Contact details e.g. name, address, phone number, email address
- Information concerning your health, medical conditions & medication
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Personal interests
- Special educational needs
- Dietary requirements where there is catering involved
- Previous qualifications and Kinesiology schools and organisations you may belong to
- Contact details of your family or next kin
- Information around your business and business goals
For purchases and on-line payments it will include:
For subscriptions to our mailing list:
Workshops and Events
If you choose to register for and attend any of our workshops or events as a student or volunteer we will use your information to manage your attendance at the event.
We will ask you specifically if we consider sharing your information may enhance your enjoyment of the experience. For example, sharing emails with other course participants to allow for buddying groups to support learning or sharing dietary requirements with a third party e.g. caterer.
Transfer of personal data outside the UK
Information which may be of interest to you
If you choose to join our mailing lists you will be sent information which we believe to be of interest to you. This may include future events, courses and updates or news. You can opt in by email, text, or post.
You may find links to other web pages on our web site. The terms of this policy only apply to Essential Time Out, they do not apply to any external websites you may visit through a link on our web pages.
Your rights can be found on the Information via the Information Commissioner's Office website at https://ico.org.uk/
You also have the right:
- to be informed
- of access
- to rectification/update and change your details
- to erasure
- to restrict processing
- to data portability
- to object
- not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- to unsubscribe from mailing lists at any time
Any request should be made in writing via email to Helena@essentialtimeout.com and please allow 28 days for a response. With regard to client case histories, these are kept for 7 years in line with our insurance policy.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for your interaction with us. In some circumstances, we are required to keep the information for a set period of time, e.g. Client records – 7 years or, in the case of minors, for 7 years after their 18th Birthday.
How do we store your personal information?
All client case histories are stored as a paper copy only in a locked filing cabinet. The details are used solely for the purposes of providing a safe and effective Kinesiology session by your Kinesiologist. If you send us your copy via email then it is immediately printed and deleted from the computer.
If you are a student and provide us with contact information or other information related to your learning it is stored on a computer protected by a password. Student information may also be stored as a paper copy locked in a filing cabinet.
If you are a mentee, again the files are paper based and stored in a locked filing cabinet. If you choose to send information via email it will be stored on a computer under a password.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. We will do our best to update you of any changes. Please refer back to this page to keep up to date with changes.
What to do if you have a query regarding this policy
If you require further information about our services and further details on how we collect personal data, please contact us on 07748841820 or via email at email@example.com
Making a complaint
If you feel we have not acted correctly please contact us as soon as possible via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07748841820
If you believe that we are not processing your data in accordance with the law then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office through their helpline 0303 123 1113